Actiontastic Exporter is a piece of python I wrote for exporting actions from the Mac Getting Things Done-inspired software Actiontastic.
This is a python script, intended for use in the terminal or in scripts. To use in the terminal, extract the zip, and open a terminal. Use cd to enter the directory of the zip, and run python actiontastic-exporter.py. For help and options, run python actiontastic-exporter.py -h.
If you extracted it to your desktop, it will be like this:
python actiontastic-exporter.py -h
It never writes to the database, but if it destroys your Actiontastic database, please don’t be angry at me. Please backup your ~/Library/Application Support/Actiontastic.sqlite.
- Exports Actiontastic actions in plain text format
- Sorts by project or context
- Preserves action ordering in projects and contexts
- Can provide more or less information in the export
- Can read from alternative sqlite database
- Ignores anything in the Inbox
- More output mode isn’t as pretty as it could be
- Python 2.4 or newer – Available packaged for the Mac at http://www.pythonmac.org/packages/
- Pysqlite2 or newer – Available at http://www.initd.org/tracker/pysqlite/wiki/pysqlite.
- Actiontastic Exporter v0.1
Initial release. Announcement at http://feelslikeburning.com/2007/03/20/actiontastic-exporter/
Any feature requests, questions, or comments, feel free to email me using the contact form.